Purpose of Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions offered by New York University Shanghai Conference Model United Nations will be applicable to all of its delegates, secretariat, and staffs throughout the conference.
- In the following sections, “delegates” refers to both group and individual delegations.
- In the following sections, “participant” refers to both group and individual delegations, faculty advisers, and other observers of conference proceedings.
- All participants of the conference are expected to oblige Chinese laws.
- NYUSHMUNC’18 does not provide liability insurance for the protection of individuals or groups who participate in the conference.
Country and Committee Assignments
- Country and committee assignments will be posted on October 3rd, 2018.
- Delegates are expected to show up in committee rooms to all committee sessions. If a delegate must leave the committee rooms for an extended period of time, their Chair must be informed ahead of time.
- All delegates are expected to abide by the committee dress code (business attire).
Smoking, Alcohol and Drug Policy
- Participants will not be permitted to smoke inside any of the conference venues.
- Open containers of alcohol may not be carried around in committee rooms and hallways at the conference venue.
- Participants found possessing or using illicit drugs, as defined by Chinese law, during the conference or at social events will be required to leave immediately and may be held criminally liable.