1. What participants are being invited to NYUSHMUNC?
NYUSHMUNC is a college-level conference, and will be inviting colleges and universities from around the world and across China. Therefore, all delegates and Chairs at NYUSHMUNC will be university/college students. NYUSHMUNC ‘17 will also feature several media companies, guest speakers, and observers representing a wide range of industries and interests.
2. How is NYUSHMUNC different from NYUMUNC?
NYU Shanghai is the the third degree-granting campus in New York University (NYU)’s global network, after New York and Abu Dhabi. NYUMUNC is the official collegiate conference of the MUN club in NYU New York, while NYUSHMUNC is the official collegiate conference of NYU Shanghai.
3. Where is the conference hosted?
NYUSHMUNC ‘17 will take place from March 17-19, 2017, at the NYU Shanghai Academic Building in 1555 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai, China.
4. Who is eligible to apply for the conference?
For delegate eligibility criteria, please visit the Delegate page. For information on eligibility of sponsors, press, and guests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. When can I begin applying for NYUSHMUNC ‘17?
Registration for NYUSHMUNC ‘17 begins on December 9, 2016 and will end on January 23, 2017. Visit the Delegate page for more information on the application process. Please visit the Registration page to access the application form.
6. What happens after I submit my delegate application?
All received delegate applications will be reviewed by our Delegate Affairs team. Successful candidates will be then contacted by the Delegate Affairs team to give further information about the conference. Please visit the Delegate page for more information on the application process.
7. Do delegates choose their own committees or will they placed into one?
Schools attending NYUSHMUNC ‘17 will be given delegation countries in specific committees, and any participants of that school’s team can choose their committee. Security Council, however, will have a separate application during the delegate application period, and only successful candidates from the pool of applicants for Security Council will be allowed to be in that committee.
8. Do I have to pay to attend NYUSHMUNC ‘17?
Yes, please check the Registration page for more information on registration and conference fees.
9. Are there scholarships if I cannot afford the conference fees?
NYUSHMUNC ‘17 will not be providing scholarships for delegates at this time. If a delegate feels that they cannot afford the conference fees or travel and accommodation fees, please contact email@example.com to get more information on other potential sponsor options.
10. Can I attend the conference as a single delegate or must I be part of a larger delegation?
Local Chinese universities must apply as a school. Only students from non-Chinese universities can apply as a single delegate.
11. I have never participated in an MUN conference before, can I still apply?
NYUSHMUNC ‘17 only selects applicants who have previously participated in an MUN conference.
12. Are teachers and faculty allowed to attend NYUSHMUNC ‘17?
All delegates and Chairs at NYUSHMUNC ‘17 will be university/college level students. Teachers and faculty from other universities are only allowed to come to the conference as travel team advisors or observers.
13. Do I need a Chinese visa to attend this conference?
All international delegates are required to get a Chinese visa at least two weeks before the conference. Please visit the Delegate page for more information on visa requirements and process.
14. What vaccinations do I need before attending NYUSHMUNC ‘17?
Applying for a Chinese visa may require applicants to get specific vaccinations depending on the passport. We recommend ensuring you have all the proper vaccinations 4-6 weeks prior to your visit to China. For more information on which vaccinations are required please refer to the CDC website.
15. Where will I stay during NYUSHMUNC ‘17?
All participating delegates and schools are responsible for finding and booking their own accommodation and transportation during the conference. These costs will not be reimbursed by NYU Shanghai or the NYUSHMUNC team in part or whole. Please visit the Delegate page for more information on accommodation.
16. How do I get to the NYU Shanghai campus?
Address for taxis: 1555 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai, China 200122 Metro: Exit 6 at Century Avenue Station (Lines 2, 4, 6, 9) Bus: Century Avenue at Pudian Road (Lines 169, 987)
17. Will I receive a certificate for attending this conference?
All attending delegates, Chairs, and organizing team members of the conference will receive a Certificate of Participation. Delegates are also eligible for delegation awards in their own committees.